One thing I’ve learned over the years: seasonal décor is sold in limited quantities and it’s often gone before the season even arrives. Today I’m sharing this year’s picks to help transition your home from warm summer days to cozy fall nights—with neutral pieces that can you can use all year.
As you may know, autumn is my favorite season with its cooler weather, decadent scents and slower pace. I live for rich, earthy neutrals and use them in my house all year long, so fall is when I double down. Here are the finds that caught my eye this year:
- Green Plaid Euro Sham // A subtle plaid pattern in an earthy sage green tone—perfect for a bedding refresh or use it on a larger sofa.
- Cream Boucle Throw Pillow // I ordered this pillow last year and love the texture. Pair it with a patterned pillow (as shown below). It’s great for both fall and winter.
- Rust Eucalpytus Pot Arrangement // Love the color of these leaves, and the fact that it comes with a pot! Such a great deal that won’t last long.
- Fruit Still Life Painting // Another winner from Hearth & Hand’s fall collection that could be displayed all year. You’d never know it wasn’t real vintage.
- Seagrass storage baskets // I bought these a year ago and they’ve been on our sideboard ever since. They add such a nice organic texture, and the storage is useful too!
- Harvest Spice Glass Jar Candle // I just can’t resist Target’s pretty seasonal candles. The fluted amber glass is so pretty, and it comes in a larger size as well.
- Ceramic Taper Candle Holders // This vintage-style ceramic set was too charming for me to pass up. They’ll be perfect for the holidays, too!
- Wrought Iron Candle Snuffer // Another fun find that I added to my cart—on sale for $11!
- Handmade Paper Mache Vase // The shape, texture and color on this vase are too good. This will be one I reach for first all year round.
- Terracotta Fringe Throw // One of my favorite (if not favorite) fall purchases from last year. I’ve actually kept it out all year long in our house!
- Realistic Faux Pumpkin // Pottery Barn has an amazingly life-like pumpkin and gourd selection this year. They’re definitely an investment, but a nice option if you don’t love rotting pumpkins on your porch.
- Natural Fiber Stripe Doormat // A nice, classic doormat to freshen up your fall/Halloween porch display. Currently on sale!
- Gold Cocktail Shaker // Add a bit of glamour to your autumn dinner party or Thanksgiving celebration. Also makes a great hostess gift!
- Paulownia Wood Vase // A gorgeous natural and organic piece for any season. I found a smaller version here, and another shape here.
- Autumn Harvest Dough Bowl Candle // Exciting news: my candle collaboration is back! This year, I’m donating my profits to the Starlight Children’s Foundation. Fair warning: there are a limited number of candles available, and once they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven // I’ve had this for a few years and it’s my favorite for large gatherings and holiday meals. High quality and a fraction of the cost of Le Creuset!
- Fable Dinner & Serveware // Sustainable, recycled high quality dinnerware for holiday gatherings and every day. I ordered multiple sets for our guests to use at the Hacienda Hideaway!
- Floral Painted Tablecloth // I have the matching dinner napkins and love them! The pattern is gorgeous, nice quality cotton and it’s perfect for autumn.
- LED Flickering Candles // These are made from real wax and look very realistic! It even has a wick, and remote control with multiple modes. They’ll be perfect for Christmas window displays, too!
- Chenille Jacquard Lumbar Pillow // Love the texture, colors and pattern on this neutral lumbar. A simple way to refresh your bedroom, and it’s the perfect size for a queen or king bed.
- CLJ x Loloi Jules Rug // An inexpensive way to update your entry rug or kitchen runner for autumn. The warm colors and pattern are gorgeous for the season, and the flat weave makes it easy to clean. I’ve never been disappointed with a Loloi rug!
I’ve started burning my Autumn Harvest candle to summon fall weather and now I’m in full-on cozy nesting mode. Expect a fall home tour in the coming weeks!
One of my favorite new finds this year are these flameless LED candles. How realistic do these look?! (watch them in action in this reel!) They’re made of real wax with a wick, are remote controlled with different timer settings, and flicker like actual flames. These will also be perfect for our Christmas window displays.
I used these lovely floral dinner napkins for a holiday party last year, and still love them today. Tablescapes are one of my favorite creative outlets! These pieces would be beautiful for a Thanksgiving setup. If you’re hosting this year, make sure to check out my holiday tablescape roundup and inspiration post.
Next week: shifting gears as we finish the primary bathroom vanity install at the Hacienda Hideaway. Can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on! I’ll share more on my Instagram stories soon if you want to follow along.